- Currently majority of its employees WFH but for the time when offices will reopen, Microsoft has released “Hybrid Workplace” guidance.
- This will allow less than 50% of it’s workforce to freely wfh. That’s because some rules require access to hardware labs, data centers and in-person training.
- Other employees who opt for wfh will lose their assigned office spaces, but Microsoft will cover home office expenses.
- They can move internationally while still working but their compensation and benefits will vary depending on the location.
- For those who don’t want to wfh, Microsoft offices will reopen in January 2021.
- In other news, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella feels WFH is sleeping at work.