- Why? To stop the spread of fake news especially those related to coronavirus or those that seek to undermine trust in US election processes.
- If a US Political figure who has 100k+ followers (for example, President Trump) tweets such fake news, Twitter will1) put the tweet behind a warning
2) stop likes, retweets and replies on it
3) will stop promoting it algorithmically
4) maybe even remove your tweet
- Though you can quote the tweet, adding your comment. These changes are temporary though.
- Andddd…. Trump’s tweet claiming he’s now “immune” to the virus is one of the first victims of this blocking.